Here is the real cakestand tutorial.
1. Find a place to get plywood. If you live in Chicago, go to Shannon Lumber Co. on Belmont. Make sure you know the dimensions, not only of the cake, but the cardboard it is coming on.
2. Have your fiance sand it for you.
3. Have your fiance drill holes for you.
4. Buy 4 cheap knobs. I went to Menards. You may need to replace the screws if they are too long. I did.
5. Get Rustoleum Spray paint.
Spray board. Do this outside.
6. Make your sister go to Joann’s with you to buy ribbon, preferably if she has driven 5 hours to see you for your shower.
7. Yell at her just a little to get the ribbon straight, you glue and she ribbons.
Do it fast, the glue gun dries quick.
7. Now you are awesome.