The weirdness of the Cook County marriage license.
Directly from the site:
Applying For A Marriage License
Before getting married in Chicago or suburban Cook County, couples must obtain a marriage license from the Cook County Clerk’s office.
We can do that! My notes in italics.
Under Illinois law, only eligible persons can marry. Both the bride and groom must:
- be 18 years of age or older Check.
- be of opposite sex Check.
- not be blood relatives I am still a little worried about this, no biggie.
|But don’t worry, there are exceptions!|
- Under state law, first cousins older than 50 years of age may marry. Goody!
- Under state law, applicants who are 16 and 17 years old may obtain a marriage license with parental consent. Sick.