I got recipies from everyone. My bridesmaid Becky recorded all the gifts and put all the recipes in this adorable holder!
I opened lots of gifts.
There were pretty flowers on the tables:
Everyone got favors that my MIL made. Wine bottles labeled with our Save-the-Date!
She glued them all hersself, don’t they look professional?
Everyone also got Bath and Body works Kitchen soap, because it was a Kitchen Shower!
Fun was had by all!
Where on earth am I going to put all these gifts?
Oh Lord. Thank you everyone, I am so spoiled!
Here is the real cakestand tutorial.
1. Find a place to get plywood. If you live in Chicago, go to Shannon Lumber Co. on Belmont. Make sure you know the dimensions, not only of the cake, but the cardboard it is coming on.
2. Have your fiance sand it for you.
3. Have your fiance drill holes for you.
4. Buy 4 cheap knobs. I went to Menards. You may need to replace the screws if they are too long. I did.
5. Get Rustoleum Spray paint.
Spray board. Do this outside.
6. Make your sister go to Joann’s with you to buy ribbon, preferably if she has driven 5 hours to see you for your shower.
7. Yell at her just a little to get the ribbon straight, you glue and she ribbons.
Do it fast, the glue gun dries quick.
7. Now you are awesome.
Oh, an email from the guy who wants to raise the prices even though we have a contract:
I sent you an email a few days ago regarding cost. I’d give you a call but don’t have your number in my records.
Give me a call soon as you can so we can sort this out.
Big surprise, Steve. You are so professional, I can see why you don’t even have my number on file.
I’m going to make you squirm for a few more days before I ask for my money back.
I don’t have enough to do, so obviously I spent 1 day last week making coloring books to put on the tables for the cocktail hour.
Let’s be clear: These are not for children. They are for intoxicated adults.
Brendan prefers colored pencils, I like crayons.
I bought both.
Cheers! I don’t remember where I got it, but email me if you want the template.
38 days out, if you are OCD like me;
It sucks to be looking for a new Florist AND Videography.
And I can’t wait to yelp the s— out of this video guy. And find someone on Weddingbee to post about it. And post it on Consumerist (thanks, Monica) and maybe i’ll join Angie’s list JUST TO SCREW HIM OVER.
At least my anger fueled me to run a mile this morning.